Sprin

Thursday, April 2, 2009

At That Age?

This is me...and anyone who knows me well, knows that I do not take aging in stride. I do not embrace my lines and wrinkles. I don't like being on that slippery slope towards 50. Don't acknowledge my birthday? Fine with me. And I honestly don't know who that person staring back at me in the mirror is. So you can imagine how I felt yesterday when someone asked me how old I am. I answered 46, and they said,"Wow, you really look good for that age." Now I know this is supposed to be a compliment, but when I said "ahh, thank you?", they replied..."No really, for THAT age, you look good."

So maybe I shouldn't fight it, maybe I should embrace the fact that everything is heading south and there is not a darn thing I can do about it, maybe I should become content with who I am...yeah right!

Now where is that number for the plastic surgeon...

1 comment:

  1. While you do look great for your age... what they forgot to mention was you look great for any age! NOt that you were fishing for compliments, but I think you are a beautiful women. However, after just one baby I am starting to understand what changes a body can go through and I can see the need for a plastic surgeon in my future lol!

    ReplyDelete